Lumos Matrix Bicycle Helmet with Integrated Lights White
Ride without compromise.
Of Lumos’s range of smart helmets, the Matrix is the most tricked-out, the most expensive, and the flashiest. As in, the flashiest. The entire back of the helmet is a panel of lights that react to your directions while you scoot, bike, or board—flashing warning lights to signal that you’re slowing down, pulsing lights to make you generally visible as you ride, illuminating bright arrows pointing to the right or left to signal turning. You can control those turn signals via a remote strapped to your handlebar or tucked into your pocket, or if you’re wearing an Apple Watch, through simply your gestures. The idea behind Lumos’s tech is to proactively prevent collision by transforming your head into a beacon of light that yells, “Do not come near me with your giant metal machine!” but should collision happen, the helmet itself is certified to do what a helmet should: protect that noggin.
That light show on the back of your head? Lumos’s customization options allow you to program the 7×11 dot matrix (hence the name Matrix). For those keeping score at home, that’s 77 RGB lights with which to project designs in different colors, all with the goal of making you easily seen in traffic, come pouring rain or bright sunshine. Congrats, you’re a lighting engineer now. As for fit, the Matrix comes with two sets of helmet padding, and if white doesn’t suit your sense of on-the-street style, you can get the shell in black.
• 22 white LEDs at the front and 77 LEDs at the rear with turn signals and automatic brake light
• Robust ABS outer shell
• Size adjustment dial
• Length-adjustable straps with buckle
• Large vents for constant ventilation
• Compatible with Lumos App, Apple Watch, Google Fit and Strava
• Including USB charging cable and wireless remote control with handlebar mount
• Lumos App: battery charge indicator, helmet settings like adjusting turn signals sound frequency or (de)activating warning lights, automatic record of your ride and transfer to Strava or Apple Health account
• Battery: 1,800 mAh lithium
• Battery life: up to 10 hours
• Charging time: approx. 2 hours
• Material: EPS, ABS hard shell
• Weight: approx. 580 g
• Connection: Bluetooth (BLE 4.2)
Single Adult Size
56cm – 61cm